cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband upgrade when its not yet activated.

dksglen
3: Seeker

Hello all. 

I have ordered Pro II fibre 200. It goes live in 10 days.  I have spoke to customer services via chat, twice in last 2 days as I was disconnected the first time. 

What I'd like to do is change the order to the Pro II fibre 500. 

I've had 2 different agents telling me 2 different answers, 1st guy said no worries. 2nd guy tonight said I couldn't, and would have to cancel and re order. For clarity, the account isn't even set up, the line is still held by BT. 

Surley a change can be made ro an order without the whole hassle of cancelling and reordering? 

Any one have any guaranteed info? 

Thanks in advance ☺️ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dksglen

Welll, I thought I'd update the post with some news. While looking through the my vodafone app for content controls. I discovered the your plan tab, checked for upgrade options, was offered the higher speed, activated and done withing a few hours. All up and running on the higher speeds..

4 staff including a shop visit advised me I couldnt do it this way. I heard various different stories and can't do etc. 

Some training needed for lots of staff with respect, a customer wanting to upgrade should be a high priority for the company. 

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

With Vodafone's habit of messing things up, canceling and reordering is probably safer.

Hmm. I shall let the activation go ahead I think. Then try the upgrade as the second agent advised. 

Surely it can't be that much to change the speed. 

Is this forum moderated and have staff to confirm if I can? 

Jayach

Yes there are Mods, but no they don't officially answer queries on here.

Really, that's not so good. 

Hi there @dksglen. Your best port of call for this would be to cancel the existing order and then re-order. Apologies if you have been provided with conflicting answers. 

Our dedicated team can be contacted on 191, 0333 3040 191 or through Live Chat.

@Ami thanks. I've been told by staff today that I can simply upgrade to the 500 package when I'm passed the 14 day cooling off period. They advised I can't do it unti then, unless I cancel and reorder, which would delay my switch. 

I don't want to lose the activation date. 

Cynric

@dksglen Your only problem is that if you are unhappy after the 14 day periods you are locked-in, or you face an early exit penalty unless you get VF to accept that there's a problem with the service that cannot be resolved. Do read the contract carefully. This is not a jibe at VF but from what I have seen in other forum posts some people do seem not to have paid attention to the small print.

Yeah, I find it a bit bizarre that I can't just up the package when I'm in the 14 day period. You'd not imagine it being so difficult to try and give a company some more money. 🙂

dksglen

Welll, I thought I'd update the post with some news. While looking through the my vodafone app for content controls. I discovered the your plan tab, checked for upgrade options, was offered the higher speed, activated and done withing a few hours. All up and running on the higher speeds..

4 staff including a shop visit advised me I couldnt do it this way. I heard various different stories and can't do etc. 

Some training needed for lots of staff with respect, a customer wanting to upgrade should be a high priority for the company.