Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Communication from Vodafone on Activation Day

Boopop
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Am I going mad?

I signed up to upgrade from FttC to FttH broadband (Vodafone in both instances) a few weeks ago. Today was supposed to be my activiation day, as agreed in the initial upgrade phone call.

I start getting texts from Openreach saying they haven't been able to set a date to visit yet, despite what Vodafone person told me. I contact Vodafone via chat, thy say no, it will be installed today, that was last week I think. The visit was scheduled for 1-6PM

I don't hear anything else from anyone leading up to today, so I decide to use the chat function to find out what's happening. They're not much help but there has been a delay, I decide to call too. It turns out BT Openreach had visited the area today but there was some sort of issue, so the activation is delayed. Vodafone were informed, I was not, I only found out no-one is visitng my property because I decided get in touch on the day.

As I say, am I going mad? Why is a huge company like Vodafone not forwarding delay notifications like this to their customers? Fortunately for me I work from home but for someone who has a day job elsewhere I could see this being hugely frustrating. It took me several attempts to explain to the staff I spoke to why this was poor customer service. Is this something other people have experienced too? Why does a system which presumably deals with millions of customers across the country incapable of keep them updated on things as basic delays on activation dates?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you weren't updated about the delay to your activation @Boopop, I can understand how frustrating that would be. If you can pop us a message through one of our social channels, we'll be more than happy to take a look into what this, see if a new dates ben scheduled, and make sure your contact details are correct incase there are any other issues.