Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Impossible to get any Customer Service!

DaveArrgh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought a Vodafone GPS tracker in November 2021 for my dog with a sim to connect to Vodafone network. It never really worked properly as my dog would run off heading west and as soon as she was out of sight, I would check the tracker and it would say she was 1.5-2 miles east of me. I would then have to wait for between half an hour to 1.5 hours of it showing spurious location data (updating regularly as it should, so don't try to accuse me of using the wrong settings, but miles away from where she actually was), for it to eventually show location data that looked believable. I gave up using it in January / February 2022 as I was better off just heading in the direction she ran off and looking for her myself. I tried to log into my account a month or 2 later to give it another try, but it would no longer let me log in, so I just gave up.

I was sent a link and filled out a questionnaire in about May / June 2022, where I explained how useless it was and requested to be contacted back (as it's seemingly impossible to contact customer services myself) so that I could discuss the issues and if it couldn't be rectified, I was intending to cancel my contract as it was not fit for purpose. Vodafone never contacted me back about this - why put it as an option on the questionnaire if you just intend to ignore any requests?

I have since been waiting for Vodafone to contact me or my contract to end (24 months, so November 2023) so that I can cancel it. I have tried to log into my account today, but it wouldn't accept my password, so I clicked forgot password and went through the process to reset it several times, only to keep getting a message saying "Sorry something went wrong! Error status: 404" I then tried the chatbot, but that was useless, so I have tried ringing the customer helpline, which is difficult, because I don't have the phone number for the sim or the account number because I can't log in to see any bills, so I just have to wait to hear all the options that don't apply until it eventually puts me through. I finally got through to someone (Jason I think he said his name was) so I said that I wanted to cancel my GPS tracker account and he hung up immediately. So I tried calling again, only for the line to go dead just before it transferred me to an operative.

How can I stop Vodafone from taking my money every month for a completely useless bit of kit that has been sat in a drawer for nearly 2 years and can I get a refund given that it is not even close to being fit for purpose and has been unusable since day one but Vodafone's customer service is impossible to get hold of, let alone get anything done?

1 REPLY 1

Effie

Hi @DaveArrgh I hope you are doing well. I am genuinely sorry to hear that this has all been happening, I can certainly imagine the frustration this will be causing you. 

The V by Vodafone team who manage accounts for trackers, V-Pet, V-Kid etc have a separate customer service department. Make sure you are contacting them here so they can help to get everything put right for you. As we have no account access on the Forum we wouldn't be able to assist you with this here.