Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

full fibre cancelled half way through installation

rob4ever4
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone experienced this

after numerous emails/texts by vodafone asking me to upgrade to full fibre, i finally agreed and on the 11th march the process started with a open reach engineer fitting me the inside socket and the wire going down outside my flat, but they hit a snag, they had a pipe blockage and couldn't feed the wire down the existing underground ducts and needed to come back and maybe dig. Finally a date was set for 26th april and open reach sent me a text in early april asking me to confirm i will be in on that day and i replied YES.

They never showed up and the appointement/order has been cancelled and vodafone don't know why ! i rang and asked and got through to different people who put me on hold for ages untill finally the last person i talked to kind of tricked me into a 24 month new contract, totally ignoring my original question .I have since ended that new contract and my original contract has been expired for some time

I am back to square one ,but with obviously a half completed job with the wire going down the outside of my flat ending at the bottom and just a bare wire showing.

I wish i had just left things has they were, but a i have a half completed full fibre installation and no one at Vodafone knows why open reach cancelled the process and i seem to be finding it difficult to switch, for example NOW super fast 63mb will do me , but it keeps directing me to sky full fibre 100 which obviously i can't have because of the not completed wire installation.

1 REPLY 1

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rob4ever4 - this isn't the type of experience we want you to be having and I can understand how frustrating it must be. So that my team can escalate this and look at getting someone to contact you go through your options, please send us a message on Social Media