Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline issues

PDSc0tt
2: Seeker

Hi,

I’ve been with Vodafone for a few months on their Ultra 900 broadband package and have the ultra hub. Not had any issues until now. 

I discovered by accident that our landline isn’t working (it was previously) and I don’t know how long for. 

I have a Panasonic KX-TG8182EB twin handset with answer machine phone. The answer machine base is connected direct to the ultra hub to the green Tel 1 port with the DSL cable. When I check the phone, I get a dial tone, but it has a regular pause in the dial tone noise. When I call any number from it I get a dead line tone. I cannot receive any calls to it (although the phone I’m calling from does tell me it’s ringing the number).

if I plug the handset into Tel 2, I get no ring tone and cannot make outgoing calls, but I can receive calls ok. 

in both instances the phone LED on the back of the ultra hub is lit green (along with all other LEDs). 

I don’t have another handset to try, unfortunately. 

before I call support, I wondered if anyone else has had the same issue and found a way to resolve it? Like I said, it was working fine a week or so ago. 
Any help is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PDSc0tt

Scratch all that. 
I’ve been able to resolve it by turning off the ultra hub and fibre box at the wall and waiting 10 seconds before booting them up again. All working as it should. 

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

PDSc0tt

Scratch all that. 
I’ve been able to resolve it by turning off the ultra hub and fibre box at the wall and waiting 10 seconds before booting them up again. All working as it should.