cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My broadband speed has halved today. What is wrong?

Midori47
4: Newbie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Midori47, sorry to see there's bene a drop in your broadband speed. If this hasn't gone back to normal, please give our dedicated Broadband team a call on 191 from any Vodafone mobile, or through our online chat service, and we'll be more than happy to help.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Midori47, sorry to see there's bene a drop in your broadband speed. If this hasn't gone back to normal, please give our dedicated Broadband team a call on 191 from any Vodafone mobile, or through our online chat service, and we'll be more than happy to help.

I briefly unplugged my router for 2 minutes and reconnected rather than hanging on the phone.

Now getting 25.5 Mbps, which is normal for me. It was 35 Mbps when first installed but after a week or to 25 Mbps is the best it gets.

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

The more frequently you disconnect or turn off your router the slower your connection.

DLM (Dynamic Line Management) will see your disconnects as a possible fault and will reduce your speed and probably engage higher levels of interleaving in an attempt to make your line more stable.

Leave it connected 24/7 and DLM should see the potential "fault" has gone and will gradually increase your speed back up to where it should be. That process may take up to a couple of months. 

Jayach

If you check here, you can see what Openreach believe your line capable of.

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

If the number checker doesn't work, try the address checker instead.