cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long from Openreach fibre install to working connection?

funkyg
3: Seeker

Hello. 

I am an existing Vodafone broadband customer and this morning had my line upgraded from copper to fibre by Openreach. I have three steady green lights on the Openreach wall box, but my existing Vodafone router doesn't seem to be connecting so I'm having to tether from my mobile. I have restarted the router a couple of times but I just get the red flashing light on the internet indicator on it.

How long should I expect it to take to start working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Firstly, I would suggest factory resetting the Vodafone router by holding in the reset button for at least 10 seconds, or via the firmware interface,

If it still doesn't connect after that I would contact Vodafone as they may not have provisioned the router correctly at their end.

I don't think there is an standard time for the service to start.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

funkyg

OK, so the red internet light has now gone out and is now a very faint white light. But still no connectivity. I have plugged my land line phone into the router which gave me a bright white line on the phone indicator and can get an outgoing call, but isn't receiving incoming calls yet.

Jayach

Firstly, I would suggest factory resetting the Vodafone router by holding in the reset button for at least 10 seconds, or via the firmware interface,

If it still doesn't connect after that I would contact Vodafone as they may not have provisioned the router correctly at their end.

I don't think there is an standard time for the service to start.

This seems to have done it thank you. I had rebooted it but didn't think to do a factory reset.