Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

City Fibre ONT 4 Green but no internet at router

DizzyDog
2: Seeker

Hi, 

after 79 days trying finally got the ONt box connected to city fibre. I have 4 green lights there and my Vodafone router shows white light for internet, but I am unable to access anything. 
Hard reboot of router makes no difference. 

anyone else had this issue? 
any tips for resolution? 

Poor that Vodafone turn off the cable connection before confirming fibre connection is working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DizzyDog

This was  resolved by Vodafone support. They wouldn’t give me detail of what was done but it took about 45 mins and included me reswrring the router 3 times. 
They forgot to migrate ky landline over, that took another 5 days and another call to vodafone support, which included anorher factory reset. 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@DizzyDog 79 days, wow you are tolerant.

As a first thought can you logon to the router and look at the logs to see if your PPPoE sign on is working?

Other tips include; changing DHS to 8.8.4.4 and 1.1.1.1, and turn off IPv6 everywhere on the router.

Jayach

@DizzyDog wrote:

I have 4 green lights there and my Vodafone router shows white light for internet, but I am unable to access anything. 
Hard reboot of router makes no difference.  

If the internet LED is solid white, it should be working.

If you haven't tried it yet, I would suggest a factory reset of the router.(that may be what you mean by a hard reboot)

DizzyDog

This was  resolved by Vodafone support. They wouldn’t give me detail of what was done but it took about 45 mins and included me reswrring the router 3 times. 
They forgot to migrate ky landline over, that took another 5 days and another call to vodafone support, which included anorher factory reset.