Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Renewal

PJV99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So we've been on Pro Superfast 2 xtra for the past 24 months and this is due to finish early next month.

Speaking with VF sales it turns out that we cannot renew on a new contract without loosing our telephone number and answerphone services. Also the number they propose to give us has an area code 18 miles away from our home.

We've been happy with everything over the past 2 years including speed and tech support but now the only choice we have is to go onto out if contract monthly charges which have gone up. If we choose to leave VF we loose our together discounts.

I'm I the only person with this issue and is there any work around?

6 REPLIES 6

CallumR

Hey @PJV99. As we don't have account access here, you'd need to speak to our Sales team directly about keeping your landline when upgrading. You can speak to them via Webchat or you can call 191 from any Vodafone mobile.

Alternatively, you can call 0333 304 0191 from any landline or mobile number 😊

You don't need account access to confirm that all new VF products are VOIP based and do not offer 'conventional' telephone services.

Also the principal of alternative telephone numbers not being available with the local area code

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

I think it's a problem with poor training:  You should be able to retain your number when upgrading that involves moving to VOIP.  I'll admit though that when I spoke to "sales/renewals" a few days back, it never got that far as I have no idea where they pulled the "offer" from, as it was more expensive than the published price list, massively more than I'd been offered elsewhere, and it was "take it or leave it".  Probably the most inept "retentions" conversation I've ever had in my life - and hence why as of 2nd May I'll no longer be a Vodafone Broadband customer.

*I would suggest though if you do end up looking to leave VF, check out the available mobile phone contracts available to you before you leave.  The mobile contract I took up after an offer from VF is unbelievably cheap and something that I have no intention of changing for now!

An unbelievable update.....

So after we couldn't keep our number I cancelled the Pro Fibre 2 upgrade.

A week later I get a letter with and upgrade date, telephone call to VF who confirmed order cancelled and blamed the letter sent in error.

A further week goes by and we had all of the hardware for a pro fibre 2 arrive. Again a call to VF who again confirmed the order had been cancelled cancelled and I should be dropped off at our local VF shop.

Fast forward to today and guess what our telephone has been disconnected. After nearly 2 hours of calls to VF I'm told nothing can be done to reconnect our phone line and not only that we would have to wait nearly 3 weeks for new line with a new number with an area code from a place 18 miles away.

Can't believe it VF think it's OK just appolgise and say they cant do anything about it.

dmfarrow
4: Newbie

Nope, just went to renew our contract and had the same.  Can't keep our number as its moving from a physical to IP line.  Both are with Vodafone so what's the issue?

Cynric

@dmfarrow Unless the wholesale provider (e.g. CityFibre or OpenRreach) have a problem then it's just down the Vodafone. The OpenReach document below says it depends on the ISP.

https://www.openreach.com/upgrading-the-UK-to-digital-phone-lines/for-my-home-or-business#:~:text=Us....