Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Asus RT-86U with Openreach full fibre

jazzerno1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

So I’ve been around the houses with Vodafone, and had them give me the username multiple times to try and connect my router.  I’m getting no internet connection.  The Vodafone router works fine.  I’m connecting the Openreach to the WAN on the Asus, and I’m not trying to run the Vodafone router at the same time.  I’ve tried VIDs of 101 and 991 along with leaving it blank.  I’ve factory reset the router several times.  Still no internet connection to the router.  
I’ve read through lots of similar posts which revolve around Vodafone not giving the accurate login details, but I’ve had the same details cut and paste several times now.  

anyone got any good ideas?  Are there some settings I’m not thinking about?

thanks for your help in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I appear to have fixed the issue and have got a full internet connection now through the ASUS router.  The setting up changed that appeared to sort this was to disable “Use DHCP routes”   I did not have any values in the VID either.  

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

You're entering the pppoe username in the correct format (dslXXXXXXXXX@broadband.vodafone.co.uk)? <—without the brackets

You could also check the logs on the vodafone router - you'll find your correct username in there. 

Thanks for the answer.  That is the format of the username.  I can’t find where the logs are on the Vodafone router to check.  

Ripshod

I don't know where to point you towards the logs - I also use an Asus.

Perhaps @Jayach could steer you right (?). 

Jayach

I have to say I'm very doubtful it would be in the logs, I suspect it would require Wireshark or something similar.

Ripshod

I did see my username in the logs, back when we were working on the voip problem. Oh my, that's so long ago now. 

I appear to have fixed the issue and have got a full internet connection now through the ASUS router.  The setting up changed that appeared to sort this was to disable “Use DHCP routes”   I did not have any values in the VID either.