Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No WiFi Calling menu options on Pixel 8

kingus
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Just received a Pixel 8 - there are no Wifi calling menu options.   The tech guy on TOBi was a bit rubbish - just kept telling me to enable options that aren't there.

I get no mobile signal at home, so can't use MyVodafone app, as it insists on texting a code. 

Anyone know how to get this enabled? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

When you receive the phone and insert the SIM there should be a software update to include the WiFi calling settings @kingus , check for any software update on the phone.

Vodafone don't seem to have added the phone to the device guide list to enable the feature follow the same information as the Pixel 7 

To get this solved drop the Social Team a message through social channels by following this information Speak to the Social Team 

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS

When you receive the phone and insert the SIM there should be a software update to include the WiFi calling settings @kingus , check for any software update on the phone.

Vodafone don't seem to have added the phone to the device guide list to enable the feature follow the same information as the Pixel 7 

To get this solved drop the Social Team a message through social channels by following this information Speak to the Social Team 

Thanks Ann.   The menu options eventually appeared.  I think it was when I finally entered an area with Voda cell signal.

chistery
16: Advanced member

If Vodafone don't list it, they will use it as an excuse to tell you to go away and just say it's not supported.

Tell them it's a Pixel 7 Pro if they ask, and say you need the provisioning update sent to your phone. They won't know what this is and it'll take a number of calls. You can also ask them to remove wifi calling, then re-add it.

Does VoLTE work? If you make a call, does it stay on4G or drop to 3G?

It doesn't work with Lebara either. I sideloaded an app which allows you to turn on VoLTE and VoWifi.

Thanks.  As I get no cell signal at all at home, it's really hard to get somethings to work (like speaking to support - they insist on sending me a code via SMS, even though I have no way of receiving said text).

Anyway, I went out, got some signal, it all started working

Hi, you say you sideloaded an app that allows you to turn WiFi calling on; do you mind me asking what and how?

I have a Microsoft Surface Duo 2 and have never been able to get WiFi calling working. Vodafone say it is not supported (as if Microsoft is some small manufacturer they have never heard of!!!) and my contract is coming to an end, so thought I would give it one more try before I leave...  From what I can tell, it is disabled by the network, so the option doesn't even appear on the phone.

Thanks

chistery

One of the apps is "PixelIMS" which if you google will tell you about it and how to use Schizuku to get it to work, but as the name suggests, it's for Pixels only

Thanks, even though that is no help to me...  but what a mess! It's sad that Vodafone are sending out mass eMails to their business customers about the 3G turn off, suggesting people turn on WiFi calling as a solution, but at the same time it requires a Korean developer to write a hack to turn this on for even Google phones!!!

rhener
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sometimes the SIM card fail to install the configuration of your phone, in this case you will need to call the technical support and ask them to send to your phone number the OTA configurations to enable the Calling Over WiFi, once it is sending to your phone the menu will magically appears on your configuration.

I hope it can help you 😃

Hiya.

Thanks for replying.  I think it was lack of cell signal that was causing my problems.