Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Am I wanting too much? Technical issue caused further problems

joecohs
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

I recently had a Vodafone complaint closed in relation to my monthly plans.

Long story short there was a technical issue from Vodafones side which caused my account to reflect as not paying bills on time. I saw this in time and questioned it, to which they advised it was a Vodafone issue and I have not missed any payments, of which I already knew.

Issue after issue happened with this case, ultimately with Vodafone 'accidentally' disconnecting both numbers on my account do to their technical error, me and my partner were not able to work with our clients at work as we would have normally been able to (we rely on our phones heavily for multiple reasons).

We were off the network for a day in total, in my complaint I asked them to cover what I bill to my client for a days loss of work, to which they say they are "not responsible for personal loss". Even though the loss was due to them.

They eventually offered me £20... am I being crazy to want more than that? I am not one to complain at all, but I feel like its a kick in the teeth offering £20.

Lastly - I also highlighted a live chat rep gave me someone else's payment details (none bank, but owed amounts etc) as well as giving me their number. That live chat host followed up with "sorry, ignore that'. However, the complaint handler completely ignored this point, should that be of concern?

Has anyone got any constructive thoughts on this? I don't want to appear as asking the world.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's ok @joecohs  - With your complaint being at the highest point of escalation, I'd recommend getting back in touch with your case handler, although with you advising them about the personal details you were given, they should already be looking into this internally.  

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @joecohs - I understand how important it is to stay connected, especially with you needing your phone for work. We don't cover for business loss, although I understand you're not happy with the resolution you've been offered. If you've been emailed details of your complaint, there should be a contact number to reach your complaint handler. This can then be escalated from there. We also need to investigate the personal details you were given. if you're not sure of the complaint handlers details, then please message us through Social Media and we can take a look. 

Thanks @Gemma. Appreciate you replying. 

Understood on business loss, just a shame really as it wasn't of my doing, but I understand.

Indeed I do have the details of the complaint handler, I contacted them further to highlight those personal details shared with me by accident but they didn't respond to that point, only the rest of my message. If you think I should follow that up with someone else do let me know and I will! 🙂

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's ok @joecohs  - With your complaint being at the highest point of escalation, I'd recommend getting back in touch with your case handler, although with you advising them about the personal details you were given, they should already be looking into this internally.