Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unfair practice - complaint

NicholasCraven
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Dear Mr Essam,

I am contacting you with a request for your help in resolving a problem I have with unfair practice by Vodafone.

In brief:

I paid for Vodafone broadband from 2019 to 2022 and was broadly happy with the service. 

I wrote to Vodafone requesting to cancel the broadband in 2022. This was not acknowledged.

I spent hours on the phone and engaging with your chat bot attempting to clarify the cancellation.

I spend £100's on your service and now have a major issue over a disputed £38.

The account is now closed and listed as satisfied on my credit score. 

I now understand that this breakdown in communication is preventing me from getting a mortgage, which is completely unacceptable and disproportionate.

I would be very grateful if you could remove this stain from my credit history.

I would hope to be a customer of Vodafone again in the future but would need to resolve this issue first.

Regards

Nicholas Craven

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Om sorry to hear kf the issues you have experienced. 

Unfortunately your account cannkt be accessed through the forum due to security protocols. 

Instead contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams and they'll involve their Credit File Team. 

Contact-us-about-account-related-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Cancelling by letter is not an accepted method of cancellation @NicholasCraven , if you follow the cancellation guide on this link Cancellation , you need to contact Vodafone by phone or start a chat, if you moved to an alternative provider they would have notified Vodafone and the account would have been cancelled.  Vodafone recommend leaving the direct debit in place to take any last payments.

Your credit file has been updated and marked as satisfied and this will be taken into account by lenders, you will still be able to get a mortgage but may need to go through a broker.

This is very unusual, and unreasonable. Letters are an established a legally recognized form of communication. I have never heard of another company not accepting written letters as a method of cancellation. This breaches advice given by the citizens advice bureau on how to cancel contracts, see: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/cancelling-a-phone-tv-inte....

And also the 'postal rule' in contract law.

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@NicholasCraven I think (excuse me if I am wrong) that the Ombudsman would consider postal communication as a valid route when dealing with VF whether they like it or not.