Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Block device from network - ultra hub

mmetcalf100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

Can anyone advise how to block a device from my home network. 

I have a new ultrahub. There is no 'mac filtering'  in any of the router settings even when on expert mode.

Live chat advised me there was a way to block via the home broadband app, so I restarted the router,m checked for latest router firmware, reinstalled the app but there is nothing there. I was told there is a red block button under my devices, however there is nothing.

I want to be able to remove a childs phone from the network on occasion. Dont you love teenagers.

Please see both screenshots attached for options I have been told should work but dont.

router settings.pngScreenshot_20240430-155752.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I don't have the Ultra hub, but the interface looks just like the THG3000.

Blocking (MAC filtering) is under settings. 

Jayach_0-1714491175608.png

Jayach

With the app, you select the device, and there is a large block option. 

Jayach_1-1714491827796.png

Thanks for the reply, but as you can see on the app screenshot, there is no block device thing for me.

I checked settings in the router menu (expert mode) and there is nothing past Local Network.

Jayach

That must be due to the fact you are on Pro II and have the Ultra router, as you can see they are there for me.

In the app, the block option is not there if I select the device I'm running the app on, but is there for all other devices.

It does seem strange that Vodafone restrict the options for their premium customers.

Ripshod

There's really no point blocking a device these days. Even the youngest know how to change the MAC address of a device. Plus these days most mobile devices use a random MAC addresses by default. Easier to only give them access to their own guest network and set time restrictions on there.