cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Urgent Assistance Needed: Prolonged 4G Connectivity Issue - Unresolved for 8 Days

nick2808
2: Seeker

Hello Vodafone Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out with a pressing concern regarding the persistent loss of 4G connectivity on my phone, which has been ongoing for the past eight days. The details of my situation are as follows:

Timeline of Events:

• 25/01/2024: My phone number lost 4G connectivity and has since only connected to 2G (EDGE).
  • 27/01/2024: Following initial troubleshooting, I received a new SIM card, which I attempted to activate online but encountered difficulties as the 'service wasn't working'.
  • 27/01/2024: Spoke to a Vodafone representative who sent a link to my mobile for form submission. Received a confirmation email and was told to wait 24 hours for the SIM to activate.
  • 28/01/2024: No notification received, contacted Vodafone again, instructed to fill in the form once more, received a confirmation email, and was asked to wait another 24 hours.
  • 29/01/2024: Waited a further 24 hours, phoned again as there was no notification, was informed that the SIM card had not been marked for activation. The form was filled out manually by the representative, and the SIM became active within the hour.
  • Post-SIM Swap: Despite the SIM swap I was still only able to connect to 2G. So I contacted my phone manufacturer who suggested a factory reset on my Pixel 7, however the phone still only connected to 2G (EDGE). I then checked my partner's Sim Card (Vodafone) in my phone - it connects to 4G straight away and checked my new Sim Card in her phone and it still only connects to 2G.
  • Subsequent Days: Multiple contacts with Vodafone help, spending over 12 hours in total on hold, attempting various troubleshooting steps, including resetting network settings, setting up a new APN, disconnection and reconnection to the network, all with no resolution.

Ongoing Challenges:

• Inconsistent information provided, including the claim of a network issue in my area (which is untrue).
  • Unique Reference Number from the online complaint form not recognised, leading to redirection to general help advisors and repeated explanations of the situation.
  • Assurances that the issue would be fixed within 24 hours, only to face continuous delays. One representative even suggested waiting 6-8 days.
  • Recent information states that my telephone number has been disconnected from 4G for an unknown reason. The matter has been escalated to the "Back End" team, with a request to wait another 24 hours.

I have been assured that my call handler will contact me on 03/02/2024.

Seeking Urgent Community Assistance:

I am reaching out to the Vodafone community seeking urgent assistance and advice on how to resolve this prolonged 4G connectivity issue. If anyone has experienced a similar situation or has insights into potential solutions, your input would be immensely valuable.

Additionally, I kindly request any Vodafone representatives on the forum to escalate this matter to the highest priority within your dedicated team and provide guidance to expedite the resolution process as the impact on my work and daily life is becoming increasingly detrimental.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I greatly appreciate any support the community can offer.

Best regards,
Nick2808

1 REPLY 1

Despair21

In my experience, Vodafone have decimated the connectivity to 4G for data! Originally, I could easily download at 80mbs (when 4G was introduced), now I'm lucky if I can download at all, especially during peak hours! Customer services deem this as an acceptable level of service! Furthermore, after addressing this issue almost monthly for the past two years, I've given up! It's obvious to anyone it's the 'contention' on the line! However, Vodafone do not seem to have increased the network capacity to compensate for this issue, especially eversince the cessation of their 3G service, which undoubtedly increased data traffic on the 4G service, hence compounding the issue. Hope this helps to explain somewhat.