cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Thoughts on Vodafone 900 at £29/m for 24 months?

dxter
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Am aware they do a CPI+3.9% increase every April, but even factoring that in at say, 14%, it's still only another £3-4 ontop until next year, still below the £38-£40.00/m that other providers are offering.

Reckon it is worth jumping on the deal whilst I still can? I can see it ends in January or is there any other issues with Vodafone that I should be aware of?

6 REPLIES 6

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

The problem with asking that question on this forum is the members are only here because they've had problems.

On balance vodafone is less criticised than most of the other UK ISPs. 

Jayach

@dxter wrote:
Reckon it is worth jumping on the deal whilst I still can? I can see it ends in January 

You have either missed it, or have plenty of time, depending on what year that is.

Stumpy21
4: Newbie

@dxter Do you have a crystal ball/time machine ?

Cheapest deals I can see for 900Mbps broadband at the moment are around £39 a month, even if you take any vouchers in to consideration it does equal that amount.

Very unlikely to have 10% +3.9%  inflation for the next increase in 2025, more likely 4% + the 3.9%.

The OFCOM fixed price increase should be applied by 2025 anyway,  BT and a couple of others have already announced a fixed £3 increase for 2025

purrbox
4: Newbie

As a side note, the best time to get Vodafone is Black Friday, or January. They always do amazing deals on the 900 package.

If you've missed the boat this time round, one option could be to get the slowest / cheapest package now and then upgrade to 900 on Black Friday.

FTTH is much more reliable than older DSL / copper tech. There's been some infrastructure issues at VF in the past to do with routing, but that appears to be resolved now.

The service is performing very well. It's definitely worth the money.

CrimsonLiar

I'm still being fed ads in the MyVodafone app for 500Mbps at £26/month or 900Mbps at £29 with the pro2 inc extender and mobile an extra £10 month if requested.
*Had that £26 or £29 offer been there for me when my renewal came up I'd still be a Vodafone subscriber (yes I am bitter!).
**They're still offering me the option of VDSL2 too, even though to get a physical phone line here you now have to be considered vulnerable!

Jayach

I'm still on FTTC, but FTTP is now available here, and I'm coming to the end of my contract next month.

So what does "my broadband" offer me, as a loyal customer for the last 4 years?

If I want 900Mbs it's £39 with the standard router or £49 with Pro II.

And yet there are a couple of recent threads on here where new starters have got it for £31.

Unless they can offer me something much better on the phone, guess I'll be off. :Sad_face: