Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor connection quality in late evening every day for a week

DaveyGrohlton
2: Seeker

Hi, had Voda Fibre 910 installed last year and have had zero issues with it so far, apart from before the Easter holidays where my connection is constantly poor in the evening. Usually a few reboots of the Voda modem fixes this, and while the speed never suffers the connection is very jittery, with pingtest showing large spikes from the baseline of 30ms up to 400ms. When playing games online the connection is freezing and I am getting a lot of rubber banding.

Sometimes a few restarts of the modem works, and other times nothing works and I just have to stop.

Any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

Tre-Keyz

Which router do you have?

THG3000

Ami

Hey @DaveyGrohlton. Hope you're well! We understand how important it is to have a reliable connection, and we do have a dedicated Broadband Team who will be able to assist with your query.  You can contact them via phone on 0333 304 0191 📞 The lines are open Monday - Friday 8am-10pm or Saturday & Sunday 8am-8pm. Thanks!

DaveyGrohlton

Here's a quick WinMTR after I got booted from a game. Also more Pingtest images where you can see the packet loss spikes. The only normal one is the bottom one.
mtr.JPGpingtest 2.JPG

DaveyGrohlton

Here we go again, it's been fine ever since early April, it's now acting up again tonight. Huge ping spikes and often the pingtest isn't able to complete.

This is seriously get out of my Vodafone contract early and leave material. It's Fibre broadband, it shouldn't be this janky.

Ringing support will be useless, as many of the other posts about this exact same issue attest. They don't know what they're talking about and it's clearly a routing issue.